Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Extra Credit (Poem Reflection)
All the poems that I read were very unique in their own way. Each poem had a personality of its own and took a different stand point of love. Each poem either express or represented something meaningful and valuable. The poems were heartfelt and stimulated me to think. Thes poems made you view love from many different aspects and it also created an opportunity for a class discussion. I gave me the chance to listen to other people's point of view of love and alllowed me to share mine. The poems more so came from a males pespective but not neglecting the female perspective. I think it boiled down to this; Love has many aspects and is viewed differently through the eyes of people whether male or female. But I believe Love is what you want it to be and what you choose is what you get whether it be you settling for someone who is not good enough for you or you finding your soulmate and being with that person is the best feeling in the world. Yea there will be challenges and there will be times where that Love that you have is tested, but how you choose to react will determine how strong that Love was. There's a saying that says a good thing must go through the fire to know if it will stand. So Love is not as easy amd smoothe as people EXPECT it to be and I think that is the biggest problem today. People expect Love to be nice and easy all the time everyday but when it doesn't turn out that way then the generalize Love and say that Love is pain and all that other stuff. But I say GOD is Love and he Loves you and me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well done, Naomi
ReplyDelete